Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kassa village of Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria

I recently returned from a medical missions trip to Nigeria, Africa. It was an absolutely amazing experience that I will never forget! We flew into Abuja and traveled to Jos (where we stayed a night) and finally ended in Zing (where we had our medical project for 5 days). While in Jos, we visited the Kassa village, where a riot had left most of the men dead, leaving many widows and orphans. We delivered food and clothing to the women and children, and it was an unforgetable experience. Here are a few pictures from this adventure:

Many of the women listening to a speech on why we are visiting:
Children professing their love and belief in God:
Some of the sweet mothers: My friend from school (Dave) and Kaio passing out food:

Hope you enjoyed, and there will be more from my trip soon!

Peace! -Alicia

2 comments:

  1. hey hey hey! So funny to hear from you because you have crossed my mind a lot lately....I guess you are enjoying a nice summer break and gearing up for 2nd year, huh? I am so proud of you. Now I can keep up with all your adventures. Hope all is well! love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you! So glad you started blogging...I'll be an avid follower!

    ReplyDelete