Friday, September 16, 2011

A blessed weekend

In college at Mississippi State, I was fortunate to have a large group of friends that I met through my sorority. We were very close for our entire 4 years at State, and spent a lot of time together.

{This was us in 2006, our senior year}

Every year, our group still gets together for a summer trip, monthly dinner parties, and a Christmas party. Because of my crazy schedule, I rarely get to join them.

Labor Day weekend, I was able to travel down to Destin to play with these girls.
Unfortunately, Tropical Storm Lee had the same idea, so we spent most of our time snuggling on a pallet in the condo, but it was still good quality time.

 {Looking at the windy, gloomy beach}

 {Wishing we were out on the beach}

Don't worry, the weather was not so bad that we weren't able to go out at all. We went to the outlet mall on Saturday, and had a lot of fun spent way too much money. By the time we got home it was time to start getting ready for dinner.  

{Alison and Lindsey before heading out for the night on Saturday night}

 {Linds and me - while it may appear that I got some sun, don't be fooled, I had a glass of wine}

We went to Mitchells  Fish Market for dinner. I had the Chesapeake Raw Oysters, Lobster Bisque, and Seafood Americana. It was delicious!

 {All the girls at dinner}

After dinner, we went out to Baytowne for a little while. However, these old ladies were home by 12:30.

{The girls in Baytowne}

Unfortunately, we had to leave on Sunday due to the bad weather. Despite the tropical storm, we really had a great time!

I feel truly blessed to have these girls in my life! 


No comments:

Post a Comment