Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Chorus Line

I am so blessed to have a wonderful mom that buys me season tickets to the Orpheum every year. Usually it is me, my mom, my grandmother, and my aunt. It is always a great way for us to spend quality time together.

Last night, Patrick was lucky enough to use my grandmothers ticket, and we went to see "A Chorus Line".

For those of you who have never seen it, it is an audition within a play that takes place in the 1970s. And let me tell you, it is SO 1970s. The dancing, the costumes, the music, everything! It all took place on the same set, which can be a little unexciting, but there was great character development to keep us on our toes. The last show Patrick and I went to was "Wicked," and let me tell you, he was blown away. I was definitely worried that he was gonna be ready to leave half way through "A Chorus Line," because it was so visually un-stimulating. It was definitely different than what I usually enjoy. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was good, I just wasn't blown away.

It was definitely nothing compared to my favorite:














Or our newest favorite:

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh... I wanted to come to A Chorus Line SO bad but couldn't work it out with my schedule! I probably would have been kind of so-so like y'all, though I bet. (Rent is also my favorite but there are several running a close second!) Please tell me y'all are going to Jersey Boys in January... it is AMAZING!! I'm giving my mom the tickets for Christmas, and I selfishly can't wait to see it again!! =)

    ReplyDelete