Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Exploder

Have you met Patrick's car...no?...here, let me introduce.

This is the beast we have so affectionately named "The Exploder":


She's a 1994 Ford Explorer. And she's falling apart. Wait, that's an understatement. See following picture.


Notice his driver side door - yes, the whole panel is missing. And his seat is vomiting foam.

Don't get me wrong...he loves this car. This is the car he's been driving since he was 16. All 180,000 miles. He still thinks he will drive this car to his 10 year reunion.

Me, on the other hand...I hate this car. I get a headache when I ride in it because it vibrates so intensely, and the roaring sound is so loud you can't hear the radio. I ONLY ride when I have to.

So we take my car everywhere we go. And if you've seen my car, it is quite small. The hubby is rather long-torsoed (seriously he's a giraffe), and his head practically touches the ceiling.

When Patrick goes to work, he takes his car. The problem is, the "trusty" old "Exploder" isn't so trusty anymore. We usually have a 50% chance she will start up. And today, we were not so lucky. Of course, I had to drive him to work.

So I think we have FINALLY decided to buy a car. *Insert songs of glee*
We are on the hunt.

We were considering one of these beauts:


OMG, J/K! Did you really believe me?
We're living on student loans and a nurses salary here people!

Therefore, we need something affordable.

But, nonetheless, we are actually going to do it! :)

We are looking for an SUV, and if you have any suggestions leave comments below. Please.

1 comment:

  1. Go with a Nissan Rogue... They're really affordable and good cars.

    ReplyDelete