Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Miracle Monday (err Tuesday): 9 Weeks

How far along? 9 weeks

Baby's size?
Baby is the size of a prune - 1.5 inches

Weight gain? 0 lbs. I'm back down to pre-pregnancy weight. This week has been a rough week of nausea, even worse than last. And I still feel unusually pudgy.

Sleep?
The nausea is making sleep more and more difficult.

Foods I am loving? Olives!!! Salty foods, Green apples, Carbs

Foods I am hating? Bacon - literally, it makes me gag to type it

Best moment this week? Having a 3 day weekend to give me and baby a break and do a lot of sleeping

Movement? Nope

Symptoms? I know I'm a broken record with this nausea thing, but seriously y'all, I never imagined it could be this bad. I dry heave when I walk in my kitchen. I have to carry a bag with me everywhere I go - including in the hospital when I'm working - for "just in case." And this is all with prescription medicine 3x a day. I can't imagine what women did before the days of medicine!

Gender? Still thinking a girl

What I miss? Feeling normal, doing normal things like cooking, going for walks, eating out at restaurants, shopping

What I'm looking forward to? Taking next month off - only 8 more days of work to get through! Being able to feel the baby so that I have a constant reminder that this will all be worth it.

Emotions: Still having a really difficult time with not feeling good. I have an amazing husband who does everything right, and I don't know what I would do without him. I am so thankful to be carrying this life, and can't wait until I get to meet the little one, but I just want to feel better! I would really appreciate prayers to get through this!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm guessing girl. The medicine does not work, helps but doesnt cure it. Gray would walk around imitating my gagging noises - not so cute, but pretty funny. Mine got better around 12-13 weeks. I'm sorry you feel bad, I truly feel for you. But as you know... its so worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Alicia! I hate you're still feeling so awful! I know it can get kind of depressing to not feel good all the time and not feel like doing things you love. Just remember, this will pass and you'll soon be able to enjoy being pregnant. It's truly such a miracle and soooo worth it! You and your sweet little one are in my thoughts and prayers! Hope to get to see you guys in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell that ankle bootie to stop making you sick!

    ReplyDelete