Tuesday, November 29, 2011

8 Month Checkup

Declan had his 8 month well-child checkup today at 8.5 months.

He weighs 19.5 lbs (50%) and 29.5 in (90%). He still has a big head (95%)! Hehehe.
When he was a teeny tiny, he was a little chunk, but now he is tall and skinny.

He is eating 3 meals a day + 24-30 oz of formula a day. We are integrating more and more people food every day, such as cheese quesadillas, eggs, chicken, ground turkey. 

He is CONSTANTLY on the move. Crawling everywhere and pulling up on everything. He is my little wild man! I have a feeling he will be walking before we even know it!

Sleep is not going so well right now. He is difficult to put down because he has started getting separation anxiety. He cries as soon as we walk out of the room. :( When we hold him, he wants to get down and crawl around. When he wakes up in the middle of the night, he cries until he gets a bottle. Our pediatrician told us to let. him. cry. So we are gonna try that!

He still loves his baths. We have not really had a "bedtime ritual" up to this point, so we are going to start working on that. My plan is to have a bath at 7, followed by a bottle, brushing his teeth (5+3 more coming in!!!!), reading a book, and putting him in his bed.

He is becoming more and more verbal everyday. He says "ma ma ma ma ma" when he is upset or really tired.  He has also started "copying" a certain noise he does.

And the best thing ever - he's giving kisses! Melts. My. Heart. He opens his mouth really wide and leans in to your face. It is the most precious thing EVER!

Baby Declan,
 You are the most amazing little man. You have such a cute personality, and I can definitely see that you are going to give me a run for my money. Please forgive me for letting you cry in your crib. Know that it is hard for me, but I know that it is best for you and our family. I love you so so much, and I am always here for you! I can't wait to see how you continue to change in the next 3 months. Your next appointment at the doctor will be your 1 year appointment. I can't even believe it!! 
I love you to the moon and back!
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment