Friday, June 11, 2010

Show Us Your Life - China Patterns

My childhood friend, Kim, who is also a blogger, does "Show Us Your Life" every Friday. I am excited to read the topic each week, and I decided I would try it out.

This week is about china patterns. I should start by saying I was a horrible bride. At the time, I convinced myself that china was not a necessity and I should return it for something I really needed. I regret this soooo much! I have already told Patrick that for our 10 year anniversary, I am buying myself a full set of china.
So, since I have no china of my own to show you, I have decided to pick something out for myself. If I were to buy china this week, I would pick this little beauty:

Now, I know what your thinking - birds, really? I should explain. As many of you know, I am not traditional in any way shape or form - I mean lets be honest, I returned all of my fine china in the first place. What I like about this set is that it's modern, but it also looks like my great-grandmother could have owned it in the 1930s. I'm not a scroll or polka dot or silver kind of girl. I like weird things.

3 comments:

  1. i love this alicia! and i'm like you.. i didn't register for fine china... or any dishes for that matter.. stephen's grandmother gave us every day dishes and his aunt gave us her really nice fine china.. but i love this and it would be my pick for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this pattern a lot too! I like the new-vintage look!



    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love birds, so you're not the only one. There are butterflies on the china I chose. :)

    ReplyDelete