Monday, June 21, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Our Proposal


Since I was so busy with my best friend, Court's, wedding this weekend, I was unable to Show You My Life on Friday. So here I am now, finally getting around to it.

Friday's Show Us Your Life was about proposal stories.

So I'm not really into the cheese, but my cheesy husband had to cheese to the max for our proposal - and I loved it. Of all the cheesy things to do, he proposed on Valentines Day. We were living in different states at the time, so he came in town for the weekend. First thing when he got there, he gave me flowers and a beautiful antique sapphire (my birthstone) necklace. I'd been hoping we would get engaged soon, but since he gave me this necklace (a decoy), I just knew we weren't getting engaged. Enter disappointment. *He knew he had to throw me off somehow* We had reservations to our favorite restaurant, Anthony's, that night. The whole time at dinner he was drinking like a fish and kept getting up to go to the bathroom. Keeping this in mind, I still had no idea what was going to be happening. On the way home from dinner, a thirty minute drive, that boy had the air conditioning on full blast in FEBRUARY. He was a nervous wreck, and I was clueless. When we got the the house, he told me to put our leftovers in the fridge while he went upstairs to my room to let the dog out. When I finally got upstairs, my room was pitch black. At this point you'd think I would have figured it out - but no. I opened the door to my room and there was a path of lit candles to the far end of my room, where he was standing with a table of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and a ring box. Rose petals and candles everywhere. Ahaa, I get it now - enter shock, stage left. He led me into the room, since I'm stiff at the door not moving, and I can't remember a single thing after that. I know he said the sweetest things and I said yes - and that was the best decision I ever made!

No comments:

Post a Comment