Saturday, July 2, 2011

Baby Food

So far, Declan has tried organic brown rice cereal, carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, and green beans.

His favorite is sweet potatoes, followed by carrots, and then peas. He DOES NOT like green beans. He makes the funniest face when he swallows them. (I tried to get a picture, but it's difficult balancing a camera, a bowl, and a baby that can't sit up on his own.) I'm going to try the green beans a few more times, especially since I have a whole batch frozen in my freezer. I'm hoping he learns to love them, and I can teach him to not be a picky eater like his dad! :)

I have been making baby food for about a week now, and it is going great! The processor we bought is so convenient. We buy all organic fresh and frozen veggies. I've never tasted "real" baby food, but I can tell you the stuff I make tastes like veggies. It is good!!

I plan on making squash next. I'm hoping he likes it, since it's the same texture as potatoes or carrots, but not as sweet. I'm hesitant to start the fruits because I don't want him to turn his nose up at veggies from that point on.

Declan nurses/takes a bottle every 3 hours. I am still nursing 2-3 times a day, pumping at work, and we are giving him formula in between. I did not think that I would be able to nurse for this long with me having such a crazy schedule. I'm so glad I can, because I love it!! And I know it is so good for him!! I will definitely be disappointed when we quit!

Sorry for this random post, but I wanted to be able to come back someday and see what I was feeding Deckers! :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I loved making E's baby food..and nursing too! I was so sad when we quit. I didn't stop until she was a year, but it was still bitter sweet. I'm so glad you've been able to keep up with it! Squash was one of her favorite things I made her and I mixed it with zucchini and she LOVED it. So glad things are going so well! He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And you'll love looking back at these post! It's easy to forget

    ReplyDelete