Friday, May 13, 2011

Mothers Day 2011

My first Mothers Day was more than I could ever imagine!
I told Patrick that Mothers Day may be my new favorite holiday...I just love it! Ha!

The morning started off great with flowers and breakfast in bed - french toast, fruit, and a mimosa - yummmm-oooo!
When I was finished eating, Patrick brought me a beautifully wrapped present. It was the sweetest picture book that he had made on iPhoto with lots of pictures of me and Declan.
After that, Declan and Patrick brought in ANOTHER present. I was so surprised! I opened it, and it was a David Yurman ring with an "aquamarine" stone. Aquamarine is Declan's birthstone, so it just meant so much to me! I absolutely love it, and every time I look at it, I think of my boys!





Then we all started getting ready for church. It was Declan's first time to go to church, so we were really excited. We sat in the cry room, and he did pretty well. We fed him right when we got there, and he mainly just looked around while we held him the whole time. I loved carrying him up to get communion and him getting blessed.

After church, we came home and immediately started getting ready for our get-together. We had my family and Patrick's family over for lunch. It was a beautiful day, so we spent a lot of time swinging on our front porch and just spending time together. We ate meat loaf, grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Patrick's parents got me a St. Declan medal with an inscription on the other side that said Declan's name and birthdate. I was so excited! It was so nice having everyone over to celebrate the moms and grandmoms!




No comments:

Post a Comment