Friday, May 13, 2011

My Favorite Room in the House

I think that one of the most special things about being pregnant is decorating a nursery. For months, I handpicked every little detail, with the idea that everything had to be perfect for my little man. I would get home from work, and Patrick would build me a pallet in the middle of Declan's room so I could just lay there and think about my son. For months I imagined myself rocking him to sleep in his cream glider, changing his diaper under his big initials, putting his clothes away in the dresser that was his great-great-aunts, and laying him in his sweet crib surrounded by safari animals. It quickly became my favorite room in the house!

I finally got around to taking pictures of Declan's nursery. I am not as good with the camera as Patrick, so the pictures do not do it justice, but you get the idea!

{30 weeks pregnant}




When I look at the last picture of his changing table, I chuckle to myself. Four months ago I would have been mortified by the plastic mobile and the straps hanging off. Oh, how things change when you have a screaming little one. We got the mobile as a gift, and after weeks of scream-filled diaper changes, my mom convinced me to use it. He absolutely LOVES that mobile. Sometimes I strap the kid in, sit on the floor, and just let him watch the thing go round and round!

No comments:

Post a Comment